Summer Reading Program
Days: July 8th–August 1st
Time: 8:00–11:00 AM
Program Length: 4 Weeks
Location: EBS Children’s Therapy
Ages: Elementary-level students
EBS Children’s Therapy will be providing an engaging, motivating and highly rewarding reading program for elementary-level students who are looking to advance their literacy skills and become confident readers! The reading program will help students further their reading potential, enhance social skills and prepare them for the upcoming school year.
Research shows that in order to be successful in school and in life, students need to be able to read and write. One of the essential first steps in becoming literate is stimulating early speech and language development.
As an added bonus, therapy animals will be onsite for students to read to in a safe and comfortable environment where they can practice their prosody, fluency and gain overall reading confidence!
Our multidisciplinary approach for the summer reading program will encourage the relationship between language and literacy, and will conducted by a:
- Reading specialist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Special Education Teacher
- Board Certified Behavior analyst (BCBA)
- Emotional, social and behavioral screening
- Speech, language and literacy screenings
- Wilson Reading® and Orton Gillingham reading strategies
- A book club focusing on listening and reading comprehension
- Books will be chosen based on students’ reading level and district
- High interest and interactive lesson plans created by a certified Special Education teacher
- Social skills embedded into each lesson plan